Betty L. Jeppesen is a past president of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association and Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation. She has been SBCBA’s delegate to the Conference of California Bar Associations for most of the past 20 years. Betty has practiced in Santa Barbara for over 30 years and brings decades of experience to the Law Offices of John J. Thyne III.
- 32 yrs. experience in real estate, contract, aircraft leasing law, and civil litigation.
- 20 yrs. experience in direct commercial leasing management and contract law.
- 2003 President of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association.
General Counsel for Islay Investments 1982 to present. Worked on all real property contracts, commercial and apartment complex loans, and litigation for the company including all negotiations and litigation concerning over 1,000 apartment units and approximately 250,000 sq. ft. of commercial, retail and office space. Handled all commercial aircraft leasing and litigation. Attorney of record for all litigation including two major cases resulting in a $1,056,000.00 verdict and a $1,225,000.00 settlement plus a 22 year class action lawsuit with over 1,000 plaintiffs. Handled all commercial leasing since 1993. Supervised partner’s oil and gas investments. Received real estate Broker’s license in 1998.
- The 2017 Legal Community Appreciation Award recipient, The Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation
- 2006-2008 President, Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation Board, Director 2003-2005.
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association Director 1998-2004. Editor of The Santa Barbara Lawyer
- 1999. Officer from 2000 through Presidency 2003, Past President 2004.
- Delegate, State Bar Conference of Delegates for Santa Barbara County Bar Association 1997-2012.
- Chair, 1997, 2001-2002, 2009-2012. Received 30 Year Achievement Award from SBCBA 2012.
- Chair, In-House Counsel and Corporate Law Section of SBCBA 1997-present.
- Elected Member of California State Bar Resolutions Committee 2000-2002.
- Member, SBCBA MCLE Committee 1995-2002.
- Member, Santa Barbara Women Lawyers 1998-present. Vice-President 2014.
- 2nd Vice President, Santa Barbara Rental Property Association 1999-present.
- Chair 1999, Vista del Monte Retirement Community Board of Directors, Director 1994-1999.
- Director, Montecito Family YMCA 1987-1997.
- J.D. degree from Santa Barbara College of Law 1980
- B.A. degree in French and German from the University of California at Santa Barbara 1974